Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween


October 1st rolls by and the leaves are starting to be noticed. The crisp cool air blows through the air as the leaves start blowing over my shoes. Football is starting to be in full effect. Lastly, Halloween starts being advertised all over the mall, television, and people around you.

When I was young I only cared about the people I hung out with on Halloween. What kind of candy I got and lastly, how long I could stay away from my house! Oh I miss those days!!! My favorite costume must have been when I dressed up like the villain in the Movie "Scream" (Dorky, I know).

This year I have been sick, dealing with so much school work and staying busy with work when not at school. I wanted to go out oh so very much this year but it just didn't work out this year. I had the best costume idea as well. From the NBC television show "The Office" I was going to write the word "BOOK" on my forehead; dressing myself as "FACEBOOK".

Oh Halloween. Every year it seems like the same old pattern of activities. However every year I miss out on everything. It seems every time I just get into the festive day, it passes me by.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know I totally agree I remember the days of staying out late with your friends going trick-or-treating at night, even though staying out late back then is nothing now! Ha. But just seeing everyone trick-or-treating and all the little kids all dressed up yesterday as I passed out the candy just brought back memories of how fun it was. I remember we would just stick all of our candy between me and my two brothers in a huge bowl and trade and decide who gets what each night after dinner. God I miss those days, they go by so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete