Monday, September 20, 2010

The Office


It is extremely rare that I find myself following a television series. I have only kept up with two my entire life. One being the ABC hit "LOST" and the other being the hilarious NBC hit show "The office". The office (for the one person who hasn't see it) is a comedy fiction documentary on a fake paper company set in Scranton, Pennsylvania named "Dunder Mifflin".
The boss, Michael Scott (played by Steve Carrell), is completely unfit for the job and spends most of his time either looking for a girlfriend or organizing time wasting conference meetings. The other main characters include Jim, Dwight, Andy, and Pam. The rest of the cast is rounded out by Phyllis, Creed, Stanley, Kevin, Meredith, Angela, Ryan, Kelly, Toby ("Toby is the worst" -Michael Scott), Oscar, Erin, and Darrell.
Throughout the episodes you find Dwight giving birth to a watermelon, Michael grilling his foot on a George Foreman Grill, Jim pulling countless pranks on Dwight, Toby receiving a rock for a present, and the others doing the most ridiculous things you can think of. Each one of the people within the office has their own identity which makes the show so much more fun to watch each week. It really reminds me of where I work. I have been working at the same restaurant for 6 years now and have a new found relationship with my co workers (mostly comedic) throughout watching the office because of its different story lines, the boss, and corporate bearing down on you in every way possible.
The office is starting up again this week every thursday night on NBC. If you can't catch it at night, try HULU.com for replays of the premiere and following episodes throughout the season. I love watching the office. It gives me a sense of comedy, release, relate-ability in the work place, and most of all something fun to talk about with others.

5 comments:

  1. BEN! I love it! Great job! Your on your way to a National Program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the office, and I also love to procrastinate. slick looking blog. Oh and what ever you do. don't drink the coffee. more instructions will follow.
    -Future Dewight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude you are right the office is a great show. Lost is another good call. Those two are the only recent shows I have gotten in to as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sad that this is Steve Carell's last season on the Office.

    ReplyDelete